Tuesday 4 June 2013

The Garden Unplanned by Susan L.

Wandering around my flowerbeds I've noticed plants spontaneously appearing where nothing was planted. Some might call them weeds. Dandelions maybe...it's nice to see daisies, though. Forget-me-nots, pink, blue and white have crossed the property line from my neighbours. Poppies pop up. A type of indigenous fern moved in that is different than the classic fiddlehead variety. I acquired a type of day lily, deep burgundy and yellow. I have no idea how that got there!. Wild cucumber, a tender vine with a lovely pale green leaf grows near the road. There's a spot near the ferns that grows a type of mushroom in the leaf litter. Communities of them appear regularely although I don't know if they are edible. They are a beautiful mocha brown. I suppose an avid horticulturalist might be mortified at the chaos these invaders create in otherwise carefully laid out gardens. For me, it's God adding His embellishments and I am thankful for the wonderful surprises He tucks throughout the yard. "Then the nations which are left all around shall know that I, the Lord, have rebuilt the ruined places and planted what was desolate." Ez 36:36

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...