Wednesday 17 July 2013

Lost For a Moment by Susan L.

The Lord has brought up an incredibly vivid and powerful memory from my childhood this morning. I was little. Maybe four or six or somewhere in between. My mom and I were standing at a jewelry counter in what I assume was a department store. Don't know why we were there. It could have been near Christmas. Shopping like this was a rare event. The fluorescent lights overhead made everything sparkle. The jewels were at eye level as I stood, utterly mezmerized by the play of light. Simply moving my head a fraction of an inch made everything dance. The rustle and bustle of other shoppers faded into silence. It was one of those seconds-feels-like-forever moments. I reached up my hand, still studying the fascinating display, to take my mother's hand. Something didn't feel quite right! Startled, I looked up just as the woman beside me looked down. Did she smile? I think so but my little brain was in full panic mode. "You're not my Mom!" I thought, "I'm lost!" Frantically, I searched the crowd, finding my mom only a couple of steps away. I ran to her as fast as I could, so relieved that I wasn't lost after all. I've had children do this to me a few times. Most often standing in the check out line. Confidently they reach up and take my hand only to realize their mistake. When I see the panic in their eyes, I remember how it felt. I've been lost a few times over the years: physically, emotionally and spiritually. This is the good part: now I am found, oh, amazing Grace! "Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men." Ps 107:31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...