Tuesday 13 August 2013

Accomplishment by Susan L.

After having put the push on this past weekend to finish the wedding present, it got finished today. I'm already looking to the next project: a baby shower gift. It will be a quilted growth chart like those made for my grandchildren. I enjoy having some kind of hand work on the go. It's especially nice on those long, dark winter evenings that seem to drag on and on. When I have finished that I want to make a new quilt for my own bed. The first one I made years ago is starting to look tired and worn. My favorite is doing crazy quilts. It's far more forgiving of imperfect seams. They look funky, too. I add beads and buttons and other embellishments like embroidery. Mind you, they are nothing like the original crazy quilts of days gone by. The nicest thing is every time I make one I fondly remember my aunt who patiently taught this non-sewer how to make them. I knew more about power tools than fabric. Little did I know how many I would make or just how valuable it would be as a wellness tool. "She seeks wool and flax and willingly works with her hands." Prov 31:13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...