Monday 12 August 2013

The Seen by Susan L.

It was the peak of the annual meteor shower last night. An otherwise overcast sky cleared long enough for me to scan the heavens and see a few shooting stars. The night was beautiful: moonless and still. A fragrant smell of fresh cut grass filled the air. My little waterfall burbled an accompaniment to hundreds of cricket voices as a wood frog croaked in counterpoint. It was cool enough to need a sweater. A sign that summer is winding down. As I snuggled my arms into its warmth, I gave thanks: for the clear sky, for the light show and for keeping any wild critters away while I sat in the dark. A startled skunk is not a good thing. A few years ago as I sat happily on my front porch I felt an unfamiliar feeling. After some pondering I realized it was contentment. Last night was a whole barrel full of contentment. Thank You, Lord. "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.'" Heb 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...