Tuesday 6 August 2013

The "A" Train

Is anxiety the same as worry? Or is anxiety caused by worry? Why does feeling anxious make me more anxious? Anxiety seems to have a life of its own. There's no reason for my chest and back muscles to be painfully tight. The pins and needles pricking my arms and face feel weird. Everything's too loud, too fast, to bright,too much of too! Yes. I've been busy. Yes. There's more busy tomorrow. I'm just tired of it. That's all. Fed up with being jumpy and tense when life gets just a little bit busy. Okay. Yes, I am having a bit of a pity party for myself. It comes from bumping into the sharp edges of a potential panic attack for at least the last three weeks or so. It's extremely tiring. Exhausting actually but at the same time sleep is affected which impacts the anxiety impacting sleep...a viscious hamster wheel. Lord? Please, show me the blessings in an anxiety disorder. Help me see the good. "But as for me, I would seek God, and to God I would commit my cause--who does great things, and unsearchable, marvelous things without number." Job 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...