Saturday 21 September 2013

A.M. Pause by Susan L.

I feel I should be writing but sitting at the table, my head foggy with sleep, listening to the soft rush of rain is most enjoyable. The fragrance of cool, wet grass and hot coffee fills the kitchen. There's hints of autumn colour out there. A few red leaves punctuate the lightly gilded greens. The odd car roars by, tires hissing on the wet pavement. Everyone, myself included at times, seems to be in such a hurry. Impatient to get somewhere, impatient to be home. Thank You, Lord, for this morning, for letting me set aside my weekend tasks for the moment. Thank You for the sound of Your song in the whisper of the rain. I don't feel tired any more. "May my meditation be sweet to Him; I will be glad on the Lord." Ps 104:34 PS: Three hours later. Major technical difficulties have not been condusive to keeping the peace! Lord, fill me afresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...