Monday 23 September 2013

Communion by Susan L.

We shared Holy Communion in church yesterday. I like how it is celebrated. Everyone is served the bread, the Body of Christ, and we partake of it all together as one. The same with the wine, the Blood of Christ. I patiently waited for all to receive , enjoying a moment of reflection and repentance. My tiny plastic cup was gently cradled in my hand, being careful not to spill it. It struck me how small the Lord had made Himself so we could have this moment of connection. Just as He holds us in the palm of His hand, we are able to hold on to Him with this tactile, earthly piece of Him. It is real. It is the greatest token of love in the universe. "But I say to you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom." Mat 26:29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...