Thursday 26 September 2013

Examinations by Susan L.

Last night's Bible study was on grace and mercy. But it was more than that. The questions were probing and thought provoking. It was wonderful to be able to share a blessing a stranger said over me in my early days as a Christian which was grounded in the verses we were reading. "We are God's workmanship created anew in Christ Jesus" to paraphrase a couple different Bible translations of Ephesians 2:10. She told me the Greek word for workmanship is "poema". We are God's poetry. I'll never forget her. My imagination is running away on me this morning. I see the Lord's hand, writing in the Book of Lives, carefully composing. He writes who we are, what we'll be, what giftings we will have, what we'll look like. He plans our family tree forward through the ages, interconnecting some, bipassing others...each of us is pages and pages long yet the book never runs out of space. Does He scratch things out as He searches for just the right words? I see the pen pausing as thoughts are weighed. There's billions of souls to be designed. Each one is unique and special to Him. I see tears soaking the pages as He sees what havoc the devil will create in us, around us, and to the ones we love. I can feel His smile as He gets to the part where we embrace His Son. And He hasn't even created the world yet! Help me, Lord be as You have written. In Jesus' name, amen. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God created beforehand that we should walk in them." Eph 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...