Monday 14 October 2013

It Feels Like Christmas by Susan L.

Yes, it is Thanksgiving weekend. I just feel so blessed by the rich gifts that have come my way: good food, good conversation, laughs and the sharing of knowledge, celebrating our children, our lives and our faith. Expressions of gratitude blessed the Lord and last night's meal shared with friends. And for me especially: wellness. The biggest gift of all. To be in the present, unburdened of the past...wow! To be in a social situation, meeting new people with zero anxiety...wow! To acknowledge being blessed and be able to humbly realize it goes both ways...wow! I have caught myself smiling what feels like a Mona Lisa smile. Maybe having the knowledge and security of God's love is what made her smile that way. The peace, the joy, the quiet fireworks of Jesus' love for her filled her heart as she posed for the portrait. She smiled the mysterious smile that has puzzled art historians and academics for generations. I can hear the childhood, sing song taunt, "I know something you don't know!" Only for me it's "I know something I pray you will discover for your very own." "As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love." Jn 15:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...