Wednesday 16 October 2013

Sunday Soloist by Susan L.

The young woman began her song. Her voice was so lovely it sent shivers down my spine. I couldn't tell you what she sang. The words didn't matter. I was lost in her voice and hearing music beyond what was being sung: the proverbial fifth note of the barbershop quartet. My imagination ran wild as I listened and madly penned my impressions on the church bulletin. "The angels drew back the clouds so the sweet voice of worship could reach the heavens. Like a rainbow of colours unimaginable, the notes rose. Swirling, sparkling, shining: a luminous, living, breathing song." I could sense the angels leaning on their elbows, looking down and listening. As the song rose past them to the Lord, a soft and delighted smile was on their faces. They fully enjoyed this beautiful and worshipful performance. Thank You, Lord, for allowing me to witness a most private and intimate moment between You and Your daughter. "But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels." Heb 12:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...