Monday 28 October 2013

Sunrise by Susan L.

It's a rare thing for me to be getting up while it's still dark. I headed out early to help a friend. I'm glad because living snugly tucked into a river valley I don't get to see morning splendour very often. In keeping with the overcast and rainy fall yet another solid bank of rain clouds lay to the west. To the east a spectacular burst of colours celebrated the coming day. Patches of blue began to peek through the fast moving clouds. They are racing south, joining with morning commuters flocking into Toronto. This year's fall has been odd. Not the typical single hard frost that clothes the trees in glory seemingly overnight. Some trees are November naked while others are still dressed in tattered and belaboured green. I am getting my snow tires put on today. Just in case the powers that Be decide to plop winter on us. The first two weeks of November have me taking part in the daily city-bound migration, it's best to be prepared. (PREFER training) Summer tires and snow are not a good combination. "For the kingdom of heaven is like a man travelling to a far country." Mat 25:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...