Wednesday 9 October 2013

Tomorrow by Susan L.

I have an appointment with my therapist tomorrow. We've been on quite the journey for a long time. I know it's time for me to move on. My reluctance to make the hour's drive is a good sign. Part of the reluctance I've just realized is because she has sold her house. We have met in her home office for a number of years. Tomorrow's meeting is at her other office. We met there when my journey was at its most difficult. I'm not sure I want to be there. I am feeling very well, better than I ever have. It would be nice for it to last. Yes! There has been tremendous healing but my fear, yes Lord, fear is that the office will trigger a landslide of old emotions. It's a valid fear. It's the nature of PTSD. Or maybe (yes Lord) I need to go just to say goodbye. To all of it. Final, tangible closure. Thanks for listening. "I will say of the Lord,"He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." Ps 91:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...