Saturday 5 October 2013

Winter Residence by Susan L.

Pumpkin the cat isn't quite sure what to make of the newly relocated fish. They are now swimming merrily in the aquarium after acclimatizing to their new home. He manages to summon just enough courage to slink closer and closer each time. Curiosity getting the better of him. I am sure their size is intimidating to such a little fellow. It's just like me with the Bible study group. The first week was extremely stressful. Anxiety and panic chewed at me the entire time. The second week, it wasn't as bad. It has gotten easier each meeting. I am glad I didn't stop going because of how it made me feel. There are now moments when it is an enjoyable experience. I know there are a lot of us, be it four legged or two or even (surprisingly) fish, who are nervous when facing something outside our comfort zone: a new environment, meeting new people. It's a big list... Thank You, Lord, I needed to realize that: the anxiety isn't because of my mental health issues. It's because I am simply being human! "When you go with your adversary to the magistrate, make every effort along the way to settle with him lest he drag you to the judge, the judge deliver you to the officer, and the officer throw you in prison." Lk 12:58

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...