Thursday 21 November 2013

Comfort and Joy by Susan L.

  I struggle with the ideas held by many in Christian circles about matters of the heart. It grieves me when God's command to forgive is only about what rolls off our tongue. It breaks my heart to see the pain that shadows the minds and faces of wonderful people. Sadness leaves a mark.       Religious obedience stifles true healing. Stating forgiveness ends up being a broom that sweeps everything under the rug.
  As a parent, when my children hurt, it hurts me. Bandaids, ozonol, and ice packs are tokens of love.
  As a friend, when a friend hurts, I listen to them. I honour what they have been through in this often cruel world. I know that a willingness to share is a step into wellness and healing.
  In being honest with God about my feelings I knew it is only through His Divine power that my heart would be healed. He continues to do His work in my life, a process that will last until the day He takes me home.
  My honest confessions have also built trust and an intimicy with Him that is like no other. I can tell Him anything. All of us can. He's got big shoulders.
  "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort." 2 Cor 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...