Wednesday 20 November 2013

Hopes by Susan L.

  PREFER was a pilot, four year program. We are currently seeking sustained funding so this awesome program can keep on going. It has to!
  I've just gone and volunteered myself to facilitate December's meeting. I want to give all members the opportunity to share what PREFER means to them. Even my volunteering speaks volumes about how good the program is. The plan is to put together some type of video to compliment the written request.
  Peer Recovery Education for Employment and Resiliency has done do much for me in building confidence, awareness and self knowledge. Throughout the past year and a half I've been blessed to witness other's incredible growth.
  The men and women who have become part of my life inspire me. Watching seeds of hope explode fills my heart with joy. Seeing amazing people who were once crushed and demoralized by the medical system rise above the abusive nature of psychiatric medicine is astounding and encouraging.
  The best thing of all for me is now I am better equipped to give back in a healthy and sustainable way. That is what it's all about.
  "To Him who led His people through the wilderness, for His mercy endures forever." Ps 136:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...