Saturday 23 November 2013

Humbled Ooops by Susan L.

  One of the lessons driven home last week was if you make a mistake, you own it. I'm owning it because I have committed a grand faux pas by jumping on the judgement soap box. Forgive me, Lord.
  Two days ago (Comfort and Joy) I came down hard on my fellow Christians about how they view forgiveness. I made a lot of assumptions about their personal walk with the Lord because it wasn't like mine. I confess I was angry because someone had the audacity to want me to conform to their ideas! It's no wonder we still have wars.
  I need to turn this over to God because I know many of our hurts are just plain too big to be healed this side of heaven.
  The Lord has blessed us with the ability to say, "I forgive" again and again. Whenever we feel ill will towards another.
  This simple yet often difficult choice is more than the password getting us in to heaven. These words are a demonstration of God's grace and love.
  As for heart healing it was something I needed to do personally because of my challenges of depression and PTSD. Medications have helped with the physical aspect, God looked after my soul.
  Today's blog showed me something else. I have a huge problem with authority. Fill me with grace and patience, my Lord, when I bump in to leaders whose ideas don't quite mesh with mine. Help me learn from them. Help me discern when, just like me, our humanness gets in the way! In Jesus name, amen.
  "I, therefore, prisoner of the Lord, beseech you to walk worthy of the calling with which you were called." Eph  4:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...