Monday 25 November 2013

The Moment by Susan L.

  It's a gray and white morning, overcast and windy judging from the swaying trees across the road. Their naked branches are rattling a winter rythmn I can hear inside. I'm wondering if the weekend's generous snowfall is here to stay. It looks beautiful and nicely hides the yard work that didn't get done.
  A flock of cardinals is flitting around out there. Their unbelievably brilliant red pops against the drab and leafless trees. I hear a blue jay screaming at them, its harsh voice grating; fingernails on a chalkboard.
  The hiss and burble of the kettle is a comforting sound, warming me against the chilly view out the kitchen window. Coffee goes down good on mornings like this.
  It's nice to do this once in a while, turn off my brain and savour the moment especially since I haven't done it lately.
  It's going to be a good day.
  "Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Cor 1:1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...