Thursday 28 November 2013

Wonderland by Susan L.

  It's Christmas card perfect outside this morning. The sun is shining. Another generous snowfall has adorned everything. Even the Black Eyed Susans I failed to cut back are wearing white, British Beefeater hats.
  It was a slightly treacherous drive coming home from Bible study last night. I almost didn't go but am glad I did. One of the ladies who hadn't been at Church on Sunday shared a revelation. It was a visual image of how prayer creates a cloud of beautiful fragrance around us.
  Sunday's sermon by a visiting pastor was all about prayers. Part of it touched on how they are a sweet incense wafting up before God.
  I've had many thoughts or insights that had been penned in my journal confirmed by the Lord. It's important for me to know I am on the right track. To witness another receive His affirmation only deepens my own trust.
  If the Lord wants to enrich our lives with Him, He will livingly utilize anything, anyone to make sure we "get it". No matter where we are: home, work or at play. There is only one thing we need to do. Like a parent with a newborn babe who can hear their child's tiny cry over a vacuum cleaner, we need to be open and ever vigilant to hear our Lord.
  "And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire, a still small voice." 1 Kings 19:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...