Tuesday 10 December 2013

Metaphorically Speaking by Susan L.

  Change. The image which came to mind is those few loose coins floating around the bottom of my purse. They're a hidden treasure buried beneath the usual assortment of purse items: wallet, eyeglass case, notepad, umpteen pens and crumpled receipts. These can be rather illusive; the dimes, nickels and occasional quarter that are only searched for in "emergencies" like when the debit machine isn't working at the local coffee shop. (Thank You, Lord, for these riches!)
  Change. I know it's there, buried somewhere. I know it's something I could be using all the time. It's just that sometimes it's simpler not to look; to let my purse get heavier and heavier until it begins to hurt my shoulder. Then and only then do I dump everything on the kitchen table to purge the contents.
  Change. It's amazing how much lighter a purse gets once the loose coins are gathered. I usually tuck the smaller ones away in my piggy bank for a rainy day. The larger coins, loonies and toonies, are returned to my wallet. When I see the small fortune amassed, sometimes enough for a few groceries, I wonder why I waited so long!
  Change searched for is an opportunity after all.
  "Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said, "what are you willing to give me if I deliver Him to you? And they counted out to him thirty pieces of silver." Mat 26:14-15
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...