Sunday 1 December 2013

New Technology by Susan L.

  Sometimes when that still small Voice beckons, it's easy to ignore. Yesterday wasn't such a day. My friend H and I decided to go wandering around a couple of local antique markets. More for the pleasure of window shopping than anything else. I had debated not going because I have so much to do to get ready for Christmas. It didn't last long, my heart was filled with a sense of urgency. I absolutely had to go.
  Beside one of the massive antique markets is a flea market that is only open on weekends. I left H to meander around the antiques and began a quick perusal of the aisles. If you want a biker based t-shirt or a new purse, socks or bakery goodies, it is the ideal place to go. None of that interested me. On a side aisle was a booth displaying new and refurbished laptops.
  I stopped in my tracks. They were incredibly inexpensive compared to the new ones I had priced at a local computer store. The young man was very helpful and patient with me. I don't know much about this kind of thing so I was a bit wary. Flea market technology? Who knows what I'd end up with.
  The fellow I was talking to suggested I walk around a bit before deciding what to do. As I headed off to find H, the thought crossed my mind "It would be nice to talk with a previous customer to verify this business". With H at my side, I returned to the booth only to meet a man who had been dealing with them for years. He said that they were an amazing company and had always done right by him. They have been around since 1990. The fact that the owner had his home address and phone number on their business card tipped the deal.
  All of this is so "God"! I did get a laptop. Nothing fancy. More of a glorified typewriter that can hook up to my cell phone for the internet. So the big thing about all of this? No more blogging with one finger on my tiny cell phone keypad. Four hundred posts done that way was enough!
  Thank You Lord, for once again providing for the desires of my heart. You are so Awesome! And Thank You, too, for the stamina to get this far!
  "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior, for He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant." Lk 1:46-49

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...