Monday 16 December 2013

The Long Road by Susan L.

  It's nice to be home safe. The drive down to my son's took an extra forty-five minutes because the roads weren't that great. Lots of blowing snow made the roads iffy so I was glad I left home when I did. Coming back today was the same with snow packed roads and occasional heavy snow. I also drove through some pockets of sunshine which made the newly blanketed trees and houses stunning. Even the wild turkeys were enjoying what little heat the sun was throwing today. I passed several flocks perusing the fields of corn stubble. I guess they were gleaning for dropped kernels under the snow.
  I passed only one car in the ditch and ironically it was a police cruiser that had slipped off the side of the road. He must've been making a U-turn but the bank was just a bit steeper than he realized. I am sure his fellow officers will have a great time teasing him because where he was stuck, the roads were good. I am glad he wasn't hurt at all,  probably only his pride was wounded.
  It was wonderful to see the kids even though my daughter-in-law and my two grandchildren had a tummy bug. I sure hope it isn't catching. That didn't stop the rest of us from feasting on some amazing food. I wish my son had cooked like that when he lived at home. Although, my waistline is probably happy he didn't!
  My grand-daughter was delighted with the rocking chair I made her and my grandson was delighted with his gift as well. It was a wooden story box with paper and drawing supplies so he could write and illustrate his own stories. I included a large, ornate imagination key that is similar to the one I wear all the time. I had told him it helped unlock my stories.
  And now the count down to the best night of all...for the Story of Stories to be retold.
 "And it happened, when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, that the babe leaped in her womb; and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit." Lk 1:41

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...