Thursday 5 December 2013

The Sadness of It All by Susan L.

  Several years ago in a deep prayer moment with my Lord, He allowed me to hear the cries of humanity; the tortured weeping of those crying out to Him. The terrible sound of desperate want and need was muted for my ears and lasted only a millisecond. That brief moment was all my human heart and mind could handle.
  I felt the Lord's anguish for us. I loved Him even more.
  It was a significant healing moment for me. It helped ease my distrust of people in general. It helped me realize that there are others who would understand and it was time for me to begin to share my own story. It was time to take a chance.
  All of us suffer. 
  We do awful things to each other.
  Yesterday was a day of listening for me. It was a day for others to open up and share their burdens, to gamble their own trust in another human. I am honoured by that trust and as I sit here typing, I weep for them, for what they've been through.
  My mother's heart wishes I had a magic wand. I wish I could give those gentle kisses we give childhood booboos that would make it all better. I wish...I wish it were that simple.
  "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away. Rev 21:4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...