Sunday 19 January 2014

Getting There by Susan L.

  I accomplished a lot yesterday. The floors were vacuumed and mopped, the guest room made ready, and the fish tank got cleaned. Pumkin's toy box is once again full of the knitted mice that had lost themselves under the furniture. He's got quite the collection because it is easier to knit him a new one instead of getting down on hands and knees with a ruler to fish them out.
  All in all it was a successful day. All that's left is laundry. It will only take a quick whip around before leaving next Saturday to put things in order. I have a friend who is going to stay here while I am away. She'll be company for the cat and I feel much better having someone here anyways. She sure is a blessing!
  I have a few things in mind to help with the claustrophobia on the plane. Unless the Lord has done some miraculous healing, I remember how bad it was coming home last year. This time my seat is reserved nearer to the front which should help. I'll put a small sketch pad in my purse to draw in, one of my favorite grounding tools.
  For now, I'll cast this care upon the Lord as well as all the other little worries that accompany travel: weather, driving, lineups, luggage, forgetting something, customs...the baggage of travel.
  "Carry neither money bag, knapsack, nor sandals; and greet no one along the road. But whatever house you enter, first say, "Peace to this house."" Lk 10:4-5
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...