Monday 17 February 2014

Fruitful Labours by Susan L.

  How do you share the intangible? "Soul speak" has no words just impressions that speak volumes, wordless understandings that become part of the core of my identity and grow my understanding of God's truth. I have prayed in pictures and been answered in the same language. Even the backs of selected images spoke to me as I applied glue to their surface. What was there often made me smile.
  My friend, H, had a chat with me about my "control freak" question. As we spoke I realized that in producing this art, the collages, I have to set myself aside and allow the Spirit to guide me. There is no plan, no idea, no form that pre-exists. Design becomes an action, a flow, a living process where cutting or tearing paper are part of the prayer. Control is utterly and completely surrendered.
  Because of the gift of surrender and trust in the Lord (that's what it takes I have just realized: trust in He who has brought me through so much.) within the darkness, beauty is revealed. From fear, comes encouragement. From anger comes determination. From condemnation comes acceptance. From despair comes hope. From darkness comes light. From lies comes truth and honesty and openness and wisdom. One cannot exist without the other.
  In a word: redemption.
  As for the surrendering bit, the Lord has given me lots of practice. Just so you know, it took quite a time for me to be comfortable with it. And yes, I fought tooth and nail before finally understanding what He was asking of me: to trust Him.
  "But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God." 1 Cor 2:10
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...