Sunday 16 March 2014

Worlds Away by Susan L.

  It took a bit for me to get organised and back into the book. I had to reintroduce myself to the characters, their strengths, and their weaknesses. It was a most enjoyable afternoon, almost a vacation by escaping to this made up world. I was able to tweak what was already written so it made more sense as far as a time line of events taking place. The where's and when's now fall in order, the gaps between are more realistic. In one spot there were people getting off their horses twice, something else that I must remember to watch out for: duplicate actions or dialogue.
  In the mean time, I am excited about what is going to happen to my heroes today. And the bad guys because their days are numbered. Everyone has their own index card so I can keep track of who is who, what they look like, what their talents are. To have a character's eyes change colour part way through a book isn't a good thing but trying to remember all the details is difficult for me especially since I have a large cast. Therefore, in a stroke of Inspiration: index cards.
  Who'd have thought writing a book would involve so much paper! And I have a laptop now. It wasn't that long ago when books were written on a typewriter. Before that, the typesetting was all hand done. Before that, scripts were hand written and books were hand bound.
  I'm glad I took typing for two years in high school. Dare I say they were manual typewriters? Click, click, clackity, click, PING! Zzzip! I still remember the marching song our instructor played to get us into a steady rhythm for striking the keys. The song was played over and over and over.
  It was a different world. Word processors were just beginning to make their appearance. You could view and edit five characters visible on a tiny screen. Wow, what technology! Now, with the power of a laptop able to hold millions of characters at the touch of a button anything is possible. Thank You Lord, for human creators.
  "And there, in the presence of the children of Israel, he wrote on the stones a copy of the law of Moses, which he had written." Josh 8:32
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...