Thursday 17 April 2014

Fluff, Fins and Feathers by Susan L.

  Pumpkin has taken to jumping onto the metal mesh lid of my aquarium. He's fascinated by the fish when they move around a lot. Stereotypical cat! Mostly that's first thing in the morning after being fed otherwise the goldfish are pretty calm. He likes to nap up there as well. The lid has started to bow a bit. I hope it doesn't collapse. A wet cat tearing through the living room would make quite the mess. It would be hard to clean because I know I'd end up laughing hilariously at the whole ridiculous situation. And at the sopping wet cat even though I know how much they hate being laughed at.
  It won't be long before the fish go back outside. My big female fantail looks like she's storing up a huge mass of eggs. Within days of putting them in the pond she spawns. It's early yet to be thinking about it, the pond is still frozen solid under a blanket of snow but I can't help myself. Maybe it's the warm sunshine out there this morning.
  The pond is in the shade and shelter of some pine trees so it takes a while to thaw. Being under the trees helps for a couple of reasons. Most importantly the fish aren't visible from the air. I've heard of blue herons who treat ornamental ponds like a dinner platter where they are quick to snap up an easy meal. Two, the shade works to keep the algae at bay.
  I am looking forward to sitting on the patio and watching the small songbirds who come to bathe and drink at the little waterfall at one end of the pond. I wonder how many frogs will come this summer? There's usually one or two who hop on in. This year I'll be able to take my laptop out there and write. A little piece of heaven on earth, enjoying what the Lord has provided for and doing what I love.
  "Brethren, let each one remain with God in that state in which he was called." 1 Cor 7:24
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...