Monday 19 May 2014

Comfort by Susan L.

  I was watching the video portraying the book of Mathew. The man who plays Jesus acts the role in a delightfully warm and touching manner. He portrays Jesus with a lot of laughter. My finicky DVD player quit, following the scene where Jesus is on the mount. It was where Jesus taught the Beatitudes and the Lord's Prayer. That was all I needed to see I guess.
  "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven."
  Jesus knows we will have good days and some not so good.
  "Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted."
  This is for anyone who has suffered a loss in any form. Which amounts to every single person on the planet. I know when days are full of grief, it's hard to feel blessed. Sometimes it's hard to see a way out.
  On really bad days, it's worse at bedtime, so I imagine myself curling up to sleep at the feet of Christ where He watches over me through the night. I imagine resting a hand upon one of His feet so I don't feel so alone. His presence becomes real and a great comfort to my soul.
  Thank You, Lord, for the gift of imagination.
  "Blessed are meek for they shall inherit the earth."  All quotes can be found at Mat 5:3-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...