Tuesday 6 May 2014

Thank You by Susan L.

  I can't begin to tell you how encouraged and humbled I am by the outpouring of support and care that has come my way because of yesterday's post. My mom, my friends H and M, and my anonymous encouragers have touched my heart. I am truly blessed.
  Panic attacks are like an emotional tornado that scatters debris everywhere. Cleanup is exhausting so I exercised some self care yesterday by going to bed around nine thirty and was asleep shortly after. Even though my nerves are still zinging, I feel a bit better prepared to face a day of things I can't put off.
  My car brakes need looking at. The snow tires are coming off. (Now that is something to celebrate!) I work for a bit this afternoon to cover the centre while the other staff are in group. Easy peasy. There's nothing tonight but a hot bath and early bed so I can face the conference that starts tomorrow.
  There's a  part of me which is concerned about the physical stress these episodes place on my body. The adrenaline system, the heart and the nervous system all take a hit every time one of these attacks happens. The fact it takes a few days for the whole kit and caboodle to calm down probably has an impact as well. I think there's a need to do some research to find out how to offset any potential long term damage.
  W5, a show on CTV, did an episode on soldiers with PTSD and how they are using service dogs to help them overcome the high levels of anxiety associated with the challenge. With the dogs, they are able to get out of the house or stop self-medicating. Some have even stopped using medications. One of the soldiers returned to active duty, dog at his side. The first such dog in the military.
  I don't know how Pumpkin would react but it's something to think about.
  "And to any hill which could be dug with the hoe, you will not go there for fear of briars and thorns; but it will become a range for oxen and a place for sheep." Is 7:25
 
  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...