Saturday 28 June 2014

Irrepressible Life by Susan L.

  It's the kind of day out there already that will require rotational gardening. I'll have to follow the shade around the yard as I tend to my rather neglected gardens. The forget-me-nots have all gone to seed and need pulling. There's grass that is trying to gain a foothold as grass relentlessly does if you don't stay on top of it. I have one clump of plants in the back that might be sunflowers or weeds. I'll leave them. I like surprises like the native ferns that made an appearance.
  I once heard someone say even a rose can be a weed if it isn't growing where you want it to.
  I have several varieties of hostas because most of my gardens lie in the shade. I divided some last year and planted them under the pine trees. These offspring have leaves which are twice the size of the parent plant. I guess they thrive in the acidic soil caused by all the pine needles  I hadn't known that.
  I've had columbine wander in from the neighbour's yard. It's beautiful and delicate purple flowers are a treat for the eyes.
  About three years ago, a pine tree began to grow in the middle of a massive maple tree stump. I've left it and plan on pruning and shaping it into something that might be seen off the coast of Georgian Bay. It'll be an outdoor bonsai, twisted and bent by imaginary wind.
  There was a heavy dew last night. The water droplets are making everything sparkle and shine in the light. Mowing the grass will have to wait until it's a bit dryer, probably this evening after the worst of the heat has passed. It always amazes me how this country can go from forty below to forty above over the course of a few months.
  I'll be good to get outside despite the heat. My anxiety isn't as constant as it was. It merely comes in waves. Pushing a wheelbarrow around should take the edge off or if anything provide a distraction. The garden's good for that. And it puts me on my knees.
  "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Mat 11:28-29
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your outside garden and inside garden are being tended, weeded, watered and enjoyed. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...