Wednesday 4 June 2014

Leaks by Susan L.

  I thought I'd be able to write a celebratory blog this morning about, of all things, an air mattress. They're only good if they hold air. Which, as I discovered at my son's on the weekend, mine doesn't. Within minutes, my nether regions were touching the ground and it's one of those foot high luxury models. 
  A half inflated air bed is like sleeping on jello. A roll over to once side flattened it while the opposite inflated. It popped me out on the floor with absolutely no grace or mercy whatsoever! Thankfully no one was watching or I am sure they'd have roared with laughter at the sight! I was while at the same time not wanting to wake anyone. My goodness, stifled hilarity can be painful!
  At my son's, the escaping air had revealed its general whereabouts with a soft hiss (air mattress giggles?) so I went hunting last night to find the offending hole. (Teach you to toss me out on the floor!) It didn't take long. The noise and air whistling by my hands made the spot obvious. There was a tiny slit in one of the seams. A couple layers of duct tape (great stuff, that) and I thought I had it fixed. Once bounced, twice shy. I left the mattress inflated overnight to discover it must still have a leak somewhere.
  I had checked the remainder of the seams for holes last night. This one must be less obvious. A silent teeny, tiny pinprick. The hunt begins. Or maybe I need to invest in a couple rolls of duct tape to do all the side seams. Or simply invest in a new mattress.
  But then, sleeping on the ground...if it is good enough for my Lord...
  "And He said to them, "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing."" Lk. 22:35
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I got a funny picture of your mattress covered entirely in duct tape to prevent the leak... but buying a new one would probably be cheaper! (It's half price until Sunday).

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...