Sunday 31 August 2014

Finished! by Susan L.

  I was up and out this morning fairly early. The end was in sight and I wanted to beat the heat which is downright suffocating with the humidity today, probably somewhere near 40 C. So with a nice cup of coffee and something sweet I am holding a quiet celebration almost a month to the day the big build was started.
  I almost feel like smashing a bottle of champagne against the corner to launch her!
  There are little things I would do differently should such a project ever come my way again. Most of it was because this has been a huge learning curve for me. I thank the Lord that nothing had to be ripped out and redone, that mistakes were small enough to ignore or easily fixed. I thank Him for the foundation in construction fundamentals that have found their way into my life from watching my dad and working with my ex on renovations. Little things like always cutting the wood on the waste side of the line or how to straighten a nail. The nail trick was the only carpentry skill my dad actually taught me. A different generation who felt hammers and such were the domain of men.
  NOT!
  I am thankful for the provision that made the shed possible.
  I am ever so grateful it turned out as well as it did.
  With deepest gratitude I never hit my thumb with the hammer. Finger, yes. And I think of another Carpenter who probably did the same as He learned His trade...

  The coffee's done, the dishes aren't. So here she is:
 
 
 
    "So the carpenter encouraged the goldsmith; He who smooths with the hammer inspired him who strikes the anvil." Is 41:7
 

2 comments:

  1. That is a huge achievement to be rightly proud of Susan! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...