Monday 18 August 2014

Finishing Touches by Susan L.

  The forecast for the next three days isn't so great. The shed is ready to be stained and the trim painted but the three days of rain ahead have meant that the final task is postponed. I spent yesterday cutting the trim boards for around the windows and tacking them into place to make sure they fit. The corners are also now completed. That took a  bit of frittery fitting. The new table saw worked like a dream. The trim has been removed to make painting it easier and to make staining the rest of the shed easier as well. The potting bench got built as well providing a space underneath for my snow tires.
  Gee. No wonder I was tired last night!
  I'm going to build an old style wooden toolbox for my gardening tools. I might go all artsy-craftsy and paint it. I was going to build drawers under the bench but that sort of fell by the wayside. Maybe  they could be added later.
  I'd like to get everything that's outside under tarps locked up in it's rightful place in the new shed before I go away. Again, a time item.
  It felt funny packing most of the tools, screws, nails and other sundry items away. It's surprising how many different items were needed: a whole laundry basket full. It took many trips into the basement to get everything stashed away, or at least down there. The away bit can wait.
  This project has taken a lot longer than anticipated. It's the little tasks that take the time, that are worth taking the time over.
  I picked up some broken patio stones from the hardware store to do a patch of crazy paving in front of the door. Right now it's bare earth and the mud splashes up onto the door when it rains. That's the next little job. I don't want mud all over fresh paint!
  That's enough of a to-do list. In all of this I have a deep sense of gratitude for having had the means, the skills and most of the equipment needed for this project. My fingers are still attached and I only hit my hand once with a hammer. I am so thankful for what has been an exercise of joy.
  "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." Ps 107:1
 

3 comments:

  1. Still being creative and using your talents :)) Thought I would 'check in' and see how you are doing.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this brought such joy to my heart. If you read back to April and May - you too will be rejoicing in the mighty work of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking the time to comment and for your encouraging words. Praise be to God.

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...