Sunday 10 August 2014

Into the Details by Susan L.

  Yesterday I was able to get the trim around the shed door made and temporarily installed but first I had to fiddle around with how the door was hanging. I wasn't pleased and was tempted to take it down and replace the side where the hinges were to get it to sit better. I didn't need to do that. A couple of paint stick shims and it's sitting better and functioning much more smoothly. Thank You Lord!
  Making the trim involved cutting boards to width and some patient fitting. I added a little detail to the top making it more countrified. The idea came from how the doors were trimmed in the farm house. My thoughts are to put some sort of script above the door in this space but I am not sure what to say. Does anyone have any suggestions? The space is almost three feet long by four and a half inches wide, room for a few words.
  There's still time to figure that out. It'll be the last thing I do. The pieces will come off anyway to be painted. This makes it easier to stain the rest of the shed. Now, what colour? But I am getting ahead of myself.
  There's still the windows to be fitted out but they'll be simpler than the door. I was going to frame them like pictures but realized, when I looked at the way the house windows are finished, it's better to have the board ends protected by tucking them in under the top piece. It's so much easier, too, without having to cut the angles. It'll mirror how the door is finished as well.
  It's these little details that take up so much time.
  It's these little details that make all the difference.
  "Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless His holy name." Ps 103:1
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...