Sunday 3 August 2014

Milestones by Susan L.

  I wasn't going to post this morning but decided to take the time to enjoy my morning coffee. I need to work out some of the aches and pains left from a long day of physical labour. That, and this is my 600th post. I almost feel there should be some sort of celebration so, cheers, I raise my mug to the Lord who has been my Muse, my Inspiration, my Encourager.
  My son came over yesterday evening to help hang the door. I'm glad he was there to help problem solve. It was with great frustration and disbelief I realised that the space I'd left for it was too small by half an inch. (Forgive me, Lord, for the words I said.) I'd measured and measured again before drawing up my plans. In hindsight, I know where the error was made. I had only allowed space for half of the door frame. That measurement needs to be doubled. Somehow that was missed every single time I reviewed my plans. Thankfully it was only half an inch. More than that would have meant doing some demolition and rebuilding the wall where the door was.
  My son said a brief prayer before we took the skill saw to the door and reset the hinges. The Lord heard us. The door hangs perfectly true.
  I am really enjoying this project. It is a whole lot of fun, even the problem solving. It's all part of the learning curve for when or if ever I build another shed. Most of all, it is wonderful to know that God is with me every step of the way. It's even better to know that He is more than capable of fixing my mistakes.
  "But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God--and righteousness and sanctification and redemption--that, as it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the Lord." 1 Cor 1:30-31
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I think it would be an interesting project to list all the things you have had to do in preparation and construction of your shed - then match them to something in your life. Think of all you have shared - good foundation, measuring, materials. How something good has risen from the labours. Just a thought. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really helped that someone else poured the foundation. Just as Someone Else poured mine.

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...