Wednesday 20 August 2014

Spam Comments by Susan L.

   Something Posing As Meat. That's what it used to mean. It was developed for the soldiers during the war to provide them with protein in a can. It's still available in grocery stores. Some people actually like it!
  Now it represents unwanted, unsolicited comments on a blog or web page. The name fits the telephone solicitors of the tech age. It's hard differentiating between actual commenters or those who are working for a company to push their product through an unsuspecting forum. I'm glad the computer does it for me.
  In saying that, I apologize to anyone who comments with no ulterior motive and the mechanical brains of this operation ships them off to the spam folder. Because of my lack of technical abilities, I have to trust the machine. I do read them. They just don't show on the blog site.
  One comment in the spam folder talked about their father suggesting this blog to them. Is this true or is it really spam? The comment also contained a link to some sort of product. Am I naïve to think that a person would never use a family member like that?
  I want to make it very clear should one of these links slip by the spam police I do not endorse any product or products contained in a comment. Any endorsements would appear in the body of the post. I'd be happy finding out how to avoid spam in the first place but I suppose since my laptop is part of the global village, it's likely to be sprayed with graffiti. That and I want to keep it easy for valid commenters to access the comments space on my posts.
  It's humbling and encouraging to read your thoughts and comments. They contain real meat. It's humbling looking at the world map that highlights the countries where people have accessed my blog. It's an international feast of many languages and cultures who pay honour to my little bits of writing.
  Thank you, dear readers, for your support and for taking the time to share. It means a lot to me. The glory be to God!
  "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." Heb 12:1-2

 

3 comments:

  1. It's always a tough one. Two other blogs I follow have put "safes" in. One has a log in system, you know, the ones that has weird words that you have to type in. The other has a delay. He reads the post before letting it come up. He is fair about it, not deleting negative comments, but deleting spam. I hope you find something comfortable for you. I think Blogger has some options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...