Thursday 14 August 2014

Splurging by Susan L.

  My oil bill is based on ten equal payments so July and August are bill free. That means I had a surprising bit of extra in the bank. Thank You Lord for Your provision. Canadian Tire had a table saw on sale for half price this week Coincidence? I don't think so. I bought the saw to cut the trim for the shed windows and to finish the corners. Yes, I'd asked my neighbour to cut the pieces but I realised having my own would come in handy down the road just as my mitre saw has. And the truth of the matter is I am not sure just how accurate he would be. Yup, first to admit there's a bit of a control thing going on: it needs to be precise.
  Come winter, I want to make a cabinet for my bathroom and a small storage cabinet for my sewing supplies. Right now bobbins of thread, buttons and other sundry are exposed on a rather poor example of a shelf. Calling it rustic is being kind. Both will need odd sized wood. Now that's not a problem.
  I felt like a kid in a candy store. The table saw has collapsing legs, wheels to move it around and clips for all the loose bits and pieces needed to operate it safely. It's a solid piece of equipment with proper guards and other safety features like expanding stabilizer bars so once it's set up, it isn't going to move.
  This takes me one step closer to my dream of building a carousel horse.
  All I have to do now is figure out how to get the saw into the basement. It's a heavy puppy that's currently taking up half my kitchen floor. I'd been able to roll the box it came in out of the car and up the stairs. For the life of me I can't figure out why I didn't go down the stairs before it was unpacked! Silly me. It'd have been a whole lot cooler putting it together down there too!
  I made a small plant table out of wood salvaged from skids last winter. It was difficult cutting the pieces with a hand held power saw, especially the legs. With this purchase, the world has opened up.
  It's funny that, how when we have the tools large or small, anything is possible.
  "So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you." Mat 17:20

3 comments:

  1. You're going to need to put up some Christmas lights in your basement for Santa's Little Workshop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always appreciate the tools the Lord has given to us to build our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazes me most is He always provides exactly what we, as individuals, need in our lives. Even Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...