Monday 1 September 2014

Adjustment by Susan L.

  It'll take a couple of days for the adrenaline to calm down, the git 'er done Drive that enabled me to put in a few long days to finish the shed. I feel a bit lost this morning although there's plenty on the 'to do' list. Not just at home but we are going to paint the front room at the centre.
  I say 'we' but I'd like to get it done this week even if it means going in on the weekend. I gladly volunteer my time. It's a fairly big job. Not the walls so much but the centre is in an old house that still has original trim and baseboards. It's beautiful and big. The three window wells are deep which means a lot of brushwork. That takes time.
  I enjoy painting be it creative or utilitarian. It's satisfying work because there is such a difference when the work is finished.
  Next week I'm heading down to my mom's for a few days to paint their main hallway. It's the least I can do. I'd forgotten about another gift that the big build brought out that will come in handy: I can cut in around trim and windows using either right or left hand. It sure makes it easier. Hallways have a lot.
  Where are You going with this my Lord?
  It is not pride when we acknowledge God's gifts: the skills and talents that make us who we are. It fills His heart with joy to see us using them as they were meant to be used. It makes the Lord smile when we find abilities we never thought we had. It is not pride when we acknowledge the Source of these blessings that are meant to be celebrated.
  Thank You so very much for that.
  It isn't all about creativity either. Some of us have the gift of numbers, or organization and structure. Others with children or animals or the elderly. Some can grow plants. Perhaps those who can't see that as a gift as well. There is the gift of conversation and its partner listening. It's such a gift to learn and retain what we learn. Always remembering dates and names isn't something everyone can do. The list is endless. What's yours look like?
  "Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you."" Jer 1:5
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...