Tuesday 9 September 2014

Aha! Chickadees! by Susan L.

  I've discovered the culprit who enabled the same kind of sunflowers my neighbour planted to grace my back garden. It had me wondering all summer if it had been a squirrel who had decided to stash the seeds in the soft, dry, sandy soil. Thank You Lord, You make all things clear.
  This morning I watched chickadees taking plump and ripe seeds from the blooms. One bold fellow flew over to my small, bonfire ready wood pile, searching for the perfect crevice to stick the seed in. Once held tight, he pecked away at it to get to the tender part inside. I won't be surprised to have some growing in that area next year.
  The sunflowers are beneath a seam in my eaves trough. It must have provided a perfect, nut cracking gap. Except for the ones that got away to bloom in a stunning array of reds and oranges.
  I knew woodpeckers did this with sunflower seeds but am surprised that chickadees know how to do this as well. Maybe a woodpecker taught them!
  Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised. Animals are smarter than we give them credit for.
  It's amazing how such a simple answer fills me with the gushy, ear to ear grinning knowledge of  how much the Lord loves us and how willing He is to answer our every question. Mostly, it's simply a matter of waiting for the truth to be revealed. What makes it even better is I didn't really pray about it. The sunflower puzzlement was only a thought that rambled through my head on a few occasions since I first saw sunflower leaves poking out of the earth.
  That and He made sure I was in the right place at the right time to witness His creation's brilliance.
  Praise God!
  "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?" Rom 8:31-32

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...