Sunday 7 September 2014

Another Check Mark by Susan L.

  The painting is done at the centre. Another item off the to-do list. It looks so much better, more peaceful and inviting. I like it so much I just might re-do my bedroom the same colour. Or maybe after painting at my Mom's, it'll be time to take a break. That's okay too. I'll have more time next month anyways because I'll be given time off in lieu of the hours spent painting.
  It's a lovely day. The gardens are in desperate need of weeding and deadheading. Time on my knees so to speak. I've lots of battery left in my iPod so the worship music will accompany me as I putter, rest often, and enjoy being outside.
  I confess I am struggling about returning to church. The anxiety issues I had earlier this spring and into the summer have made me a bit wary of placing myself in such a busy and loud environment. It's probably all in my head (ha-ha) but still...the thought of returning makes my stomach churn. Lord? I need Your guidance in this matter. I'll leave the where and when up to You.
  Yes, I've done "busy" for the last six weeks or so recognizing that it isn't a pace to maintain indefinitely. Never mind the fact I wouldn't want to. Sleeping in this morning is a gentle reminder that the body needs time to restore the batteries. Mind you the barrage of adrenaline that usually flares up in anxiety ridden situations has served me well. It's given more than enough energy to complete big projects.
  Hmmm, thank You for showing me the full half of the glass.
  "But Jesus looked at them and said, "With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible." Mk 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...