Friday 19 September 2014

Babylon by Susan L.

  Had some major technical difficulties with accessing the internet this morning. For some reason when a big truck rolls by, my phone internet connection hiccups which interferes with my ability to be connected. Technology is great when it works the way it's supposed to. It's not so great when it doesn't! I suppose when the phone was first invented they said the same thing.
  I've had a couple of requests from my anonymous commenters, the ones in the spam file. One has asked me if they could quote my writing. (I am flattered.) The other wants to get in touch with me. I'd love to respond but unless someone gives me an email address, I cannot reply directly to them.
  Why the secrecy?
  Or am I naïve to think these requests are genuine. These requests have been attached to older posts.
  It's sad but I am very suspicious. Is it like the telemarketers, claiming to be from Microsoft, who call telling me there's something wrong with my computer? They would like me to give them access so they can "fix" the problem. Nope. Never. No way. These calls ARE NOT from Microsoft!
  The internet is like a huge city isn't it? I wonder if it is the Babylon of Revelations.  We can buy anything, speak with anyone, or research all sorts of thing with the touch of a button. We are truly a global village. I only have to look at the map that records blog hits by country. It amazes me that people from as far away as Russia, China, or Australia have visited my little creative writing venture.
  But, like all things of man, how we use such a wonderful tool can be for good or evil. Every city has its unsavory characters, its lost souls, and places you don't want to go at night. this is why we must be cautious and seek guidance from our Lord in all things.
  Back to the requests. Yes, by all means quote me or share my blog with others. As for connecting outside of the comments section, please include an email address. I will get in touch with you. Thanks!
  "And the merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her, for no one buys their merchandise any more." Rev 18:11
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...