Thursday 18 September 2014

What?? by Susan L.

  I am tempted to call some sort of global biology organization. About half way up, snuggled in a tight cluster of branches, an apple appears to be growing in my pine tree! Is it a miracle? Some fluke of cross genetics? Has a new species suddenly evolved? 
  Reporters will flock to the scene hoping to get the scoop! Photographers will be jostling to get the best picture! Can you see the three inch headlines on a special editions of newspapers around the world?
  "Mutant Pine Tree Bears Fruit!"
  It'll be the leading story on the six o'clock news!
  Twitter and Facebook will have record breaking hits as billions want to know what's happening.
  There will be no room to park in front of my house. Police will need to control the crowds because everyone will want to see. A quarantine zone will be initiated with roadblocks to ensure that no one without a special pass can get to the site of this strange phenomena. Scientist flown in from around the globe, dressed in white paper suits and paper slippers, will be investigating. They take copious notes and DNA samples. They huddle together like a bag of marshmallows. There will be yellow tape everywhere!
  My goodness, I'll be famous!
  Yaaah....I don't think so.
  The fact that the apple is half eaten just might prove the hoax as a hoax. I'm not sure I'd like those global headlines.
  "Pine Apple a Fraud! Woman Arrested!"
  Hmmmm...an apple leading to a fall. I think I read something about that somewhere...
  I also saw a small, feisty red squirrel in the immediate vicinity chasing a fat and not so feisty gray squirrel away. I figure it was Red who stashed the apple there. It'll be interesting to see how long it stays up in the tree before the wind blows it down.
  "And Sarah said, "God has made me laugh, and all who hear will laugh with me." Gen 21:6
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...