Thursday 16 October 2014

New Haircut by Susan L.

  Whenever it's time to get a haircut, there's not much room for play because I can't handle any sort of hair around my neck and ears. It's been short for a long time. This time it's almost a brush cut but the hairdresser and I agreed to leave some bangs that will eventually grow longer. It softens the severity of the shearing which is a bit shorter than even I like. It won't take long to grow anyways.
  I died my bangs navy blue with a temporary colour concoction.
  Colouring my hair has never been top of my priority list and since it's kept short, it wouldn't last as long and seemed a waste of time and effort. Besides, the rest of my hair has come in a lovely salt and pepper although there seems to be more salt this last trim. The small tub of blue will last a long time because it's just for my bangs.
  And if I get tired of it, I can always do something funky like purple or fuchsia.
  I've wanted to do something like this for ages but never had the nerve. Maybe because I was a child of the sixties and my teen years in the eighties saw some rather unusual hairstyles in all sorts of colours. Punk rock was in. I remember seeing a woman at a bus stop one time who had shining, raven black hair. Conservatively dressed, she had a small teal square like the patch of colour on a red wing blackbird's wing on one side. It looked lovely and I've never forgotten it although that chance encounter was over thirty years ago.
  There must be something about being fifty that has set me free. It's nice to invite a bit of harmless play into my life.
  "But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you." Acts 26:16

1 comment:

  1. Hello
    Thank you admin for posting this wonderfull blog,i have something to say that could help with the topic.using an app to find an Excellent Haircut for yourself is the easiest way to do it. You can Find Every type of Haircut in these app.You can see more benifits of this app at-taper app
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...