Tuesday 7 October 2014

Stewardship by Susan L.

  In a mad flurry of activity I accomplished a lot over the last two days. The first coat of paint is everywhere I put primer. The trim is installed around the front door and window and has been painted as well. How nice it is to get rid of the orange!
  It was a sore and tired body that fell into bed last night.
  Taking care of my home, the tiny harvest gold nugget which I call Eden's Gate, by tending the garden, by creating a comfortable environment and completing projects has brought the idea of stewardship into my heart. It's the next step of identifying our gifts. It's about taking care of them, nurturing them, and finding opportunities for them to shine. It's about practicing using them and sometimes requires sacrificing our own needs or agenda.
  Adam was the first steward. God placed him in the Garden of Eden to tend the plants and animals.
  God is the Great Steward. As much as I am sure He was angry and saddened by Adam and Eve eating the apple, He took the time to clothe them in tunics of animal skin before sending them on their way. They were still His creations after all and He had already planned the life of Christ so we can be reconciled to Him.
  Which I believe is one of the greatest gifts of all: Grace.
  "For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for necessity is laid upon me; yes, woe is me if I do not preach the gospel! For if I do this willingly, I have a reward; but if against my will, I have been entrusted with a stewardship." 1 Cor 9:16-17
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...