Friday 10 October 2014

We Tried by Susan L.

  The mouse didn't make it through the night. I guess he was just too little to be away from mom although how he came to be running around the floor on his own we'll never know. This was greeted by the visitors with mixed feelings. Not everyone is particularly fond of rodents. It's probably for the best. Wild creatures are not meant for cages.
  No one is meant for cages.
  I got the under-the-window-bookshelf built last night after work. I'd been musing on it all day trying to figure out the best way to put it together. It gave me great satisfaction when it came out square and level. The two most important aspects of shelving are a bit tricky when building something on my own. Using scrap wood as spacers as I screwed the unit together helped a lot. The shelf, painted the same colour as the walls, makes the living room look bigger for some reason. Maybe having a foot wide sill creates the illusion of space. All that's needed to finish it is the second coat of paint and to screw a piece of cedar rail to one end so Pumpkin has something to sink his claws in to. I'd sooner have that rather than him using the furniture.
  I hope to get the last of the baseboards and quarter round in tonight then this reno will be finished and I can start organizing. Not just the living room but the guest room as well is in dire need of sorting. The chaos in the house is getting to me. The clutter is getting to me. Time to purge.
  Which leads me back to my second paragraph. Stuff can build a cage of its own.
  "A time to gain and a time to lose; A time to keep, and a time to throw away." Ecc 3:6
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...