Friday 21 November 2014

A Burden to Share by Susan L.

  The Lord has promised that whenever two or more meet in His name, our prayers will be answered. Maybe that is why the Lord has placed the world at my fingertips. Miles, language, race, gender have no meaning in God's world.  Friends, my gentle readers, I ask that you stand in agreement with me as I pray.
  Thank You, Lord, that You are so faithful, so generous. Thank You, Lord for a love that surpasses all understanding. Thank You that You have wept over us, over the harm and hurt we do to each other. Thank You most of all that You can forgive us our sins, our humanity the moment we ask.
  My heart is heavy with all I have heard over the last two days. Stories of terrible sadness, horrific abuse, losses beyond loss, betrayal, addictions.
  But most of all, the hardest thing was hearing a mother share that our young people, who's brief life hasn't even reached their teens, are contemplating suicide in unprecedented numbers. Forgive me for merely nodding at the statistics and doing nothing. These are flesh and blood, very real boys and girls. Yes, the schools are aware but You know as well as I, it only takes a moment to take a life. Lord, it breaks my heart into a gazillion pieces that they are in so much pain. Help them. Help the bullies who can make other's lives so difficult. They too, are broken and in pain.
  Grant them the courage to reach out, to seek help...to trust. Let them know there are other choices. It can be a big, hard world when you're young. Lead these children to safe places, to adults who will take them seriously. It is a serious matter. I ask for the most precious Blood of the Lamb to cover them, keep them safe.
  Help everyone who has shared with me these last two days hear Your voice. Through Christ's authority and in His Holy Name, I silence the dark whispers. Lord, I ask that legions of angels guard them and guide them to You; children and adults alike.
  Gentle readers, if you know of anyone you would like to add to this, please do.

  I stand with you in your prayers. Lord, protect those of us who draw the sword and those we hold most dear.
  Thank You Lord that in the midst of such deep sorrows, the joyful sound of laughter rings out frequently. Thank You that I am witness to the incredible ability of the human spirit to rise above and beyond our challenges. Thank You for enabling me to share my creative abilities in such a way that I can witness the shattering of the lie, "you can't!" The smiles of those I taught today were a reward beyond anything silver could buy.
  All this I pray in Jesus' name. Amen
  "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Jesus Christ to all generations, forever and ever, Amen." Eph 3:20-21
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...