Wednesday 31 December 2014

Cranky Solution by Susan L.

    Normally I am a patient person. Yesterday, the reserves were pretty low. By four o'clock, when work finished, I couldn't wait to get out of there. It happens.
  The piano beckoned. It was the ideal solution so I played for a couple of hours and found myself much more relaxed. The crankies had moved on. Worship can do that for you.
   My manicured and painted nails may need trimming though. There was the occasional click as they struck the keys. The noise made me smile because it would probably make any music teacher cringe. I'd grown them for the holiday seeing as there is no way to keep them long in the summer with all the yard work. Oh, well. It's a vanity that is easy to give up. Chances are once the bitter cold rolls in they'll break anyways.
  I can't believe I am blogging about nails! Seriously? Me, who is much happier playing in the dirt and making sawdust is going all fashionista...nope, don't think so.
  There's been a thought planted that maybe once a month I could go and play for a couple of hours at the local senior's residences. That is if they have a piano. It would be after a few more practice sessions that will help with confidence and to polish up the new music. It'd be a nice way to give back to the community when I have been so richly blessed. Music is a gift meant to be shared anyways.
  I'm not sure if it could be called a New Year's Resolution because it feels more like the leading of the Holy Spirit. I've learned to listen to that still, small Voice. He's usually right.
  "Who is like the Lord our God, Who dwells on high, Who humbles Himself to behold the things that are in the heavens and in the earth?" Ps 113:5-6
 
 

2 comments:

  1. The part of this that is your Resolution (and not just at New Year's - I know it's all the time!) is to use the talents God has given you to help others. The part that is the Holy Spirit is the when, where and how. They work together - God guides, but we need to say "Yes".

    I think it's a fabulous idea to play in seniors residences if you are so led. Although it's been a few years since I've seen them, I know there used to be pianos in Riverwood and Kingsmere. Good Samaritan has more ill people so it would be lovely to bless those who could hear you there, but I don't know about a piano. God bless your efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, H. You've added some fuel to the fire of desire to do this.

    ReplyDelete

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...