Saturday 21 February 2015

Meeting by Susan L.

  I'm taking the leap to become a member of my church. There's a meeting scheduled this morning with a couple of the church elders so we have a chance to talk. I guess it's like a job interview, at least my stomach is treating it as such. It's a ball of nerves!
  I decided to join so I can, hopefully, be in a position to vote tomorrow on the future of the church. It's a bit last minute but having not been well...who am I kidding? This is God's timing!
  I quickly filled out the application form last night and emailed it out so they would have a chance to read through the written part. That's part of the tummy knots. Filling out forms is not my strong point and any time I need to fill one out it generates a whack of anxiety. They are a bit of a trigger that stirs up the memories of filling out lengthy application forms that are the sole domain of government. Every aspect of my life had to be laid bare. All that was missing was a signature in blood! Those forms saw their fair share of tears as I came to terms with needing help in the form of disability.
  That was another journey into grief. Never in a million years did I think I'd be in such a place. But God is good. He's helped me to forgive those who played a part in me ending up in such a vulnerable place. He's forgiven me for the contempt I held for people who seek government assistance. I am much wiser now. Having been through the experience I learned many things that have helped me be a better peer support worker.
  All to God's glory, amen.
  "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds." 2 Cor 10:3-4
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...