Wednesday 11 February 2015

Recovery Road by Susan L.

  A good sleep in, a couple of lazy days and I feel my strength returning. Still not quite up to snuff but hopefully by the end of the week I'll have the worst of this bug licked.
  I'm supposed to make the community lunch tomorrow at the centre. One of those family sized lasagnas seems like a good idea. Toss in a Caesar salad and it's a good feast to serve without a whole lot of fuss or time spent in the kitchen.
  I work today so a good dose of cough medicine before I go in should take the worst of the symptoms away. I have Bible study tonight but don't think I'll go. Strength conservation is my top priority. As is being able to work the next three days.
  As I've been dozing off and on, my thoughts have drifted to the application for membership at Faith Community. There's a short questionnaire to be filled out and one of the questions asks what I think it means to be a Christian. It'd be easy to slip into the list of what a Christian "should" be...the legalistic parameters...the box. The one that is too difficult for anyone, short of Jesus, to live up to especially if we try and do it under our own power. Even with Christ's help I've often missed the mark. I am ever so thankful for grace.
  Maybe that's my answer or part of it anyways. Being a Christian by having embraced Christ as my Saviour means I don't have to go it alone...ever. It means I have a Helper, the Holy Spirit, who will help me be more than I could possible imagine. If I fall short? And I do. Frequently. It doesn't matter because God is a God of grace and forgiveness. He will help me learn and grow from my mistakes without condemnation.
  How cool is that?
  "Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another." Rom 14:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...