Saturday 7 February 2015

Tickles by Susan L.

  It's an oh-oh kind of tickle: the one at the back of the throat and deep in the sinuses. There's been some nasty bugs floating around this year that have laid many people low for a number of days. Hopefully this is all the symptoms of a cold or flu or whatever it is I'll get. Hopefully whatever my grandchildren had isn't catching and this is something else.
  Before I was diagnosed with depression, I got really sick. I had a debilitating chest cough that lasted for nine months. Antibiotics didn't touch it. Rest and fluids didn't help either. Trips to the ER were fruitless. It was my family doctor who realized I was suffering from depression; that the cough was masking the real issue. The dark and terrible journey to find the right meds began.
  Feeling a cold coming on triggers a good whack of concern. Although I've had a few regular colds since then but none, thank the Lord, for the last couple of years or none as long lasting or severe.
  I'll try not to whine too much if it gets worse!
  My plan for this morning is to watch last Sunday's sermon by Bruxy Cavey. I'm not sure which one it was but the link should be posted on my church's web site. A few comments about it have drifted my way from a source that hasn't been particularly reliable.  I feel I need to check it out to find the truth of what was said for myself. Being informed is rather important at this stage of the game regarding what's happening in church.
  I just might snuggle up on the couch with my laptop and a hot cup of coffee. What better way to spend a snowy Saturday morning!
  "Teach me Your way, O Lord; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name." Ps 86:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pattern

"For it was I, the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.&qu...