Monday 25 May 2015

Rain by Susan L.

  We finally had some showers but it still isn't enough. The ground is terribly dry, the lawn already browning. I pray for the farmers who have planted crops. May there be more rain. They are calling for thundershowers over the next few days but what is needed is a day or two of gentle, constant precipitation. For now, every drop counts. I heard some thunder rumbling off in the distance. I hope it's moving this way.
  I've been watching the robins feed their fledgling. Only one made it that I can see. They must be having a hard time finding grubs and worms who hide deep in the ground when it's dry. They are happy when I water my flower beds and go poking through the moist soil. Their young one is very demanding.
  The fireflies were out last night. The air was still and calm, just the way they like it. As always their blinking light fascinates the child in me.
  I stopped at the pharmacy on Saturday to see if there was anything to boost my immune system that wouldn't interfere with my other meds. I'd heard somewhere that Vitamin C was taboo for anyone taking anti-depressants. That's not true, at least in my case. However products like Cold FX or Echinacea are off limits. It's best to check with a pharmacist anyways.
  The 1000 mg vitamin C tablets are as huge as horse pills and I am topping it off with a multivitamin specifically for women over fifty. (Gasp! That number keeps jumping out of the bushes and surprising me!) Hopefully the combination will quickly knock this cold on it's nether regions. I pray it is so unless, Lord, I am always open to a miraculous healing...Your will, not mine.
  "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all." Ps 34:19

3 comments:

  1. Before I discovered Echinacea (which I realize is off-limits to you), I used to combine Vitamin C with a garlic supplement to give my immune system an extra boost when I was sick. Perhaps you could look into the benefits of taking garlic, either in supplement form or the real thing, if you like it. The supplements don't leave a garlic taste, although they would likely be more expensive than the real thing. Hope you get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recently diagnosed with low hemoglobin (anemia of a sort). It is very recent so my Dr. has put me on Iron supplements until I get it back up. I had a look at my over 50 for women multivitamin and found that does not contain Iron so keep that in mind when vitamin shopping if it might be a problem for you.

    I used Cold Effects a number of years ago and quite liked everything except the price. When I looked the ingredients I discovered it has quite a bit of Ginseng in it so you might want to check with you Dr about taking ginseng.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, both of you, for the tips. I will keep them in mind.

    ReplyDelete

Boundary Study Part 2

   "Instead, let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Put on your new nature, created to be like God--truly righteous and holy...